Vol. 1. Issue. 1 12/13/2019
This week has been a busy week for Disney World. There has been a lot of activity going on around the parks and resorts, with the biggest excitement being the opening of Rise of the Resistance in Galaxy’s Edge. The Weekly Mouse Memo has you covered on the latest news happening around Disney World.
Fire at Big Top
When guests showed up to Magic Kingdom on Wednesday 12/11 hey found the Big Top Souvenir closed, with little explanation. This included Pete’s Silly Sideshow and the Character Meet and Greet areas. It has been confirmed that there was a fire in the store overnight which caused significant damage inside. Disney has relocated several of the surrounding attractions to new areas for guests. At this time Disney has not provided any specific details of the fire or a reopening date.
Many Dates released for ride openings
Disney has released the opening dates of several upcoming attractions that are set to open in 2020.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad is set to open on March 4, 2020.
- Awesome Planet- The Land at Epcot opening on January 17, 2020
- Canada Far and Wide, Circle-vision 360 Film opening on January 17, 2020
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-a-long opening on January 17, 2020. Swapping out with Impressions de France. Animated Feature, clips from the movie and new animations
- Ducktails Family is a new adventure coming to the Play Disney app, You will help the Ducktails family search for priceless treasures around the World Showcase in Epcot. This will be replacing the current Replacing Agent P’s adventures around Epcot’s World Showcase.
- Mickey Shorts Theater- Former Path of the Jedi Theater. Enjoy many our our favorite classic Mickey Shorts. No official date is confirmed however we suspect that this will open right around the same time as Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad.
Make sure you check out our full list of upcoming attractions for more details.
Rise of the Resistance
Rise of the Resistance opened on December 5th in Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios. Many fans have been super excited for this attraction, with many guests waiting well before dawn to get on the attraction. For the past week guests have been arriving at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at well before 5:00 AM to wait in line for Rise of the Resistance. The demand for the ride has been so great that they have stopped issuing boarding passes by noon everyday since it has opened.
In order to get on Rise of the Resistance, you have to be in the park and use the MyDisneyExperience App to get a boarding group (basically a Fastpass). Once your boarding group is called for the ride you will then have 2 hours to report to the entrance for Rise of the Resistance and enjoy the attraction.
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop Reopening
The famous Beaches & Cream Soda Shop is set to reopen on December 26. Beaches a& Cream is known for the famous Kitchen Sink Sundae. There are a lot of other great food options located here as well.
They are now accepting reservations, so start booking them how. Reservations will begin filling up quickly and this will once again become a difficult spot to get a bite to eat.
Disney’s Riviera Resort
Disney’s Riviera Resort is set to opening next week. On December 16, Disney will host the grand opening of the newest Disney Vacation Club Resort Disney’s Riviera Resort.