This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click on a link.
Christmas is a favorite time of year for most people. We all love driving around the neighborhoods looking at the Christmas lights and decorations. Who doesn’t love all the smells of Christmas as well? Christmas is our favorite holiday of the year. Christmas at Disney brings a whole new level to the holiday festivities.
Spending time at Disney World during Christmas is one of your favorite times of the year. Because there is so much for you to do at Disney World during Christmas. There are Christmas events around the Parks, Resorts and Disney Springs. If you are staying on property or off property there will be activities for you. Best part is a lot of the activities can be done without heading into the parks. That’s a bonus because you will not have to spend extra money on a ticket.
However, one of the best Christmas activities at Disney World during Christmas is the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. This party along with the Candlelight Processional have probably been two of my favorite activities around Disney World.
Beginning on November 8th, Christmas will arrive at Disney World with Merry festivities for everybody in the family.
Christmas at the Parks
Just like every other holiday, Disney pulls out everything for the Holidays and turns Disney into a Christmas wonderland. If you are visiting the parks during November or December you will need to make sure you check them out in the evening. The parks are gorgeous when all the Christmas lights light up.
This year Animal Kingdom will see it’s largest display of Holiday decorations in nearly two decades.
- Guests will have the opportunity to dance with Chip ‘n Dale at the Hoopla Dance Party with DJ-led.
- The Tree of Life will come alive with a series of wintry tales backed by a heartwarming holiday musical. Causing the tree to shimmer and sparkle throughout the night
- In Discovery Island, guest will be immersed in the holiday season. Life size animal puppets will mingle with villagers. As the sun sets rooftop luminaries shaped as animals will light up around Discovery Island.
- Guests will be able to experience an out-of-this world holiday experience at Pandora – The World of Avatar. Whimsical holiday decorations will be displayed at Pongu.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns this year beginning on Nov 8th for 23 select nights throughout November and December. During the Party guests will be able to have their photos taken with the characters dressed in their Christmas gear and enjoy complimentary treats throughout the park.
Dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- November: 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24
- December: 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22
- Notably, this year Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks will debut during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. In addition to this new firework show, guests attending the party will be able to enjoy Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas and Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration Shows.
- Queen Elsa will transform Cinderella’s Castle with glistening ice during the Frozen Holiday Wish stage show.
- Experience the Holidays around the world at Epcot’s International Festival of Holidays. Which occurs between November 29 and December 30. Guest will have the chance to enjoy special holiday treats from various countries around the world. We will also be able to capture special holiday entertainment from around the world.
- Annual Passholders make sure you take advantage and get your new Chip and Dale passholder magnets.
- Santa and Mrs. Clause will be making an appearance at The American Adventures pavilion.
- One of our favorite holiday festivities The Candlelight Processional at the America’s Theater. Celebrity Narrators will take guests through the Christmas story with a live orchestra and choir. Performances will occur nightly between November 29 through December 30 at 5:00PM, 6:45PM and 8:45PM.
- List of Celebrity Narrators
- Ming-Na Wen: Nov 29 to Dec 1
- Neil Patrick Harris: Dec 2 to Dec 5
- Whoopi Goldberg: Dec 6 to Dec 7
- Isabella Rossellini: Dec 8 to Dec 10
- Chita Rivera: Dec 11 to Dec 12
- Gary Sinise: Dec 13 to Dec 15
- Pat Sakai: Dec 16 to Dec 18
- Warwick Davis: Dec 19 to Dec 21
- Steven Curtis Chapman: Dec 22 to Dec 24
- Edward James Olmos: Dec 25 to Dec 26
- Marlee Matlin: Dec 27 to Dec 28
- Lisa Ling: Dec 29 to Dec 30
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM spectacular will treat guest to iconic music, fireworks, special effects and projections giving a one of a kind experience at the Chinese Theater.
- Olaf will relieve a special holiday finale: For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along
For guests who are looking to enjoy Christmas at Disney without breaking the bank, there are many activities and sights for you to enjoy at the resorts and Disney Springs.
Christmas at Disney Springs
Disney Springs is the perfect place to begin all your holiday shopping. Here you can find a wide variety of shopping options where you can find gifts for everybody on your Christmas list.
One of our favorite things to do at Disney Springs is visit the Christmas Tree Trail. Visitors can take a stroll down the trail and enjoy many custom-decorated holiday trees. Each tree is dedicated to a different Disney theme. The Christmas Tree Trail will be open from Nov 8, 2019 to Jan 5, 2020
Christmas Tree Trail Tree Themes
- Haunted Mansion
- Mary Poppins
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse
- Peter Pan
- Robin Hood
- Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White
- Star Wars
- The Lion King
- The Little Mermaid
- The Prince & The Frog
- Theme Parks
- Toy Story
In addition to Christmas Tree Trail, your kids can join in on Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt. Guests will be able to discover where the mischievous Experiment 626 is hiding.
After you have taken a stroll through Disney Springs and are ready for some air conditioning. Head over to Disney’s Grand Floridiann Resort and Spa and checkout a life-size holiday gingerbread house. This is an excellent place to pick up a tasty treat to finish off the night.
Disney’s Beach Club Resort will be home to a life-size edible carousel. Or you can stroll around the Holiday village at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.
What is your favorite holiday experience at Disney World? We always look forward to the Candlelight processional.