Check-in and Check-out days are almost always associated with a wasted day while on Vacation. Anytime you are on vacation the first and last day of the vacation are almost always wasted days, or just a day of traveling. Depending on where you are coming from you may spend the majority of your day traveling. If you can get to Disney World early on day one and leave later on the last day you can gain a lot of extra valuable time to your Disney vacation. Who wouldn’t love to gain an extra day or two at Disney? Especially when you have forked out a ton of money on this vacation.
You want to take advantage of these two days, but not sure how to take advantage of them? There are a lot of activities you can do when you get to Disney World that do not require heading to a park.
Check-in time is 3pm and Checkout time is 11am. This doesn’t mean you can’t show up to the resort early. If you haven’t done so already go ahead and check-in online. This way you won’t have to go to the resort when you get to Disney. You immediately begin having fun and you will receive a message when your room is ready. It’s possible that your room may be ready when you show up. I have been able to get in my room as early as 10:00AM
Why flying into Orlando take advantage of the Magical Express and the bag service Disney provides. They will pick up your checked luggage and deliver it to your room in the afternoon. This is a great service to have especially if your flight gets you in early. You will need a Day Bag (Check out Disney’s Parks Bag Checklist) to carry around with you as Disney can’t guarantee your luggage will arrive at your room when you do. Even if you don’t use the Magical Express Disney will hold your luggage until your room is ready. Driving in! They will let you into the resort parking lot at any point on the day of arrival.
If you haven’t already done so, you need to finalize all your plans for your vacation. Make sure you have all your fastpasses book, dining reservations booked, etc.
Take advantage of your last day and hang out as long as possible. While you will have to vacate your resort room at 11:00AM, you don’t have to leave the resort. If you are flying out, have guest services hold your luggage until its time for your Magical Express ride to th airport.
Next go get the lay of the land, explore the resort and locate the important things, food, swimming, shops and arcade.
5 things do to on Check-in or Check-out Day.
1. Hang out at the resort.
- The resorts at Disney World have a lot to offer, without you having to leave the resort. All resorts have swimming pools, arcades, food and shopping.
- The resorts will have Movies Under the Stars. Not every resort shows a movie every night, make sure you pick up an activitiy calendar.
- Go for a swim at the pool. If you are able to get to the resort early, you can enjoy the pool before the crowds hit. Make sure you pack your swimsuit in your carry on bag with you. Each pool has a bathroom with a changing area for you. They also provide towels for you to use while at the pool. There are always afternoon activities for the kids at the pool.
2. Take advantage of the non park activities
- Explore the non park offerings Disney World has to offer. There is so much more to do around Disney World other than the parks. There are two miniature golf courses, 4 golf courses, Disney Springs, other resorts.
- Disney Springs is a great option to visit on the day you Check-in or check-out day. Disney Springs has lots to shopping options, bowling, movie theater, Cirque du Soleil, NBA experience and live entertainment.
3. Dining Reservations
- If you are looking for a unique dining experience, go ahead and get that done on the first day. This way you will not have to worry about rushing out of Magic Kingdom in time to make your luau reservations at the Polynesian
4. Head to the parks
- Heading to a park on the day you check-in or check-out may not be for everybody visiting Disney World. If you aren’t traveling with little kids, then you can probably enjoy a park and accomplish everything, even if you arrive late. Just make sure the particular park isn’t closing early for a special event. Epcot and Hollywood Studios close at 10:00PM.
- Take advantage of Extra Magic Hours on Check-out Day. If you hit the park at rope drop you can easily get 3-4 hours at the park before you have to check out of your rooom.
5. Visit the Outlet Malls
- Take a trip over to the outlets and do some shopping. The Disney Character Warehouses in Orlando have a lot of great deals on merchandise that you won’t necessarily be able to find at the parks.
- Orlando Premium Outlets
8220 Vineland Ave #1252
Orlando, FL 32821
- Orlando International Premum Outlets
4967 International Dr.
Orlando, FL 32819
- Orlando Premium Outlets